2.11.2006

Wolfowitz Admits He Was WRONG

JOKE JOKE JOKE JOKE JOKE JOKE JOKE JOKE JOKE


Paul Wolfowitz,in comments in a coffee shop in Dupont Circle Saturday morning, admitted the whole "lets invade Iraq" thing was wrong-headed from the start. "Hey, it was worth a shot" said Mr. Wolfowitz. "How else would we know? Anyways, I'm not there anymore, so it's somebody else's headache."

The previous paragraph was completely fabricated. However, Econo-Girl is going to conduct an experiment. She's going to copy and paste only the false first paragraph, and send it to every media outlet with an e-mail, along with the link to this specific post. She encourages her readers to do the same. The goal is to see how many people take the quote without actually going to the link and reading the post. What's your guess?

6 comments:

Triton said...

I've never thought of myself as a "media outlet" before. Anyway, I'm here, so I guess I passed the test. Right? ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm a "media outlet" who deleted your comment. Play your games elsewhere.

Econo-Girl said...

My, my. Awfully sensitive for a right-wing nut job, our Anonymous is.

The Lazy Iguana said...

Did you send the email to Bill O'Riely? If so, I have a guess who Mr. Anonymous is. Loofa boy himself.

But really - I do not think the media outlets need to look any sillier. In the age of multiple 24 hour news networks, there is no time to research anything - research leads to getting scooped. So they are out there, franticly looking for the next big story.

And so what is they (mostly) get things wrong?

Econo-Girl said...

I just think that 'journalists' don't check facts and sources and just run with a quote. That's what I was trying to prove. And no success. But it was worth a try.

The Lazy Iguana said...

You got scooped by Cheney and his bird shot. Try again on a slow news day.