4.03.2009

Michelle Obama: The Touch of Democracy

Appalling! First Lady Michelle Obama thinks she's as good as the Queen!

Well, she is. And so am I, but you won't see me underlining the point by patting Her Majesty on the back. I've always wondered if I would have the strength to refuse to kiss her hand if that is what protocol required. The answer is probably no.

There's a kind of natural grace in our First Lady that makes us all proud that she represents us.

I can't help but wonder whether the break with WASPs in the White House has anything to do with the increased familiarity. And isn't it about time. Americans hold the British Crown and British titles with a weird reverence for a group of people who fought a bloody war to be free of the British King and Queen.

Of course, I am one of the worst Anglophiles around. I followed the movements of Princess Diana with passion and actually woke my father up at 1 a.m. sobbing about her death. I didn't even do that for my engagement.

My parents were very concerned for me: "It's not like you knew her." my father suggested helpfully. My sisters needed to intervene and explain about Princess Diana as cultural phenomenon. He still didn't get it.

Ah, well. Give the old Queen an iPod and pat her on the back. I suppose next she'll be barbecuing in the back yard of the palace.















Michelle And Queen, Michelle And The Queen, Michelle Hugs Queen, Michelle Obama, Michelle Obama And Queen, Michelle Obama And Queen Elizabeth, Michelle Obama And The Queen, Michelle Obama Hugs Queen, Michelle Obama Hugs The Queen, Michelle Obama Queen



Michelle And Queen, Michelle And The Queen, Michelle Hugs Queen, Michelle Obama, Michelle Obama And Queen, Michelle Obama And Queen Elizabeth, Michelle Obama And The Queen, Michelle Obama Hugs Queen, Michelle Obama Hugs The Queen, Michelle Obama Queen, Michelle Obama Queen Elizabeth, Michelle Obama Queen Elizabeth Hug, Michelle Obama Queen Elizabeth Video, Michelle Obama Queen Hug, Michelle Obama Style, Michelle Obama Touches Queen, Obama And Queen Elizabeth, Obama Hugs Queen, Obama Queen, Obama Queen Elizabeth, Obama Queen Hug, Obama Touches Queen, Poll, Queen Elizabeth, Queen Elizabeth And Michelle Obama, Queen Elizabeth Hug, Queen Elizabeth Michelle Obama, Queen Hugs Michelle Obama, Queen Michelle Obama, Video, Style News

No comments: